We love when event designers create a warm ambiance full of green foliage, fresh flowers, and soft candlelight. It’s almost like the outside elements are present within the venue space. Kudos goes to Aaron Carlson Design for creating a tropical oasis within the Scoular Ballroom!
We absolutely loved this wedding! Not only was it beautiful with its amazing decor and gorgeous flowers and cake, we appreciated all the time that the bride and groom put into every single detail. A lot of wedding guests do not realize the time and dedication that it takes to create a memorable and well executed event. This bride and groom left no detail untouched, which made us step back in appreciation to applaud their efforts. Bravo!
You’ve heard of couples meeting at a bar, but what about a neighborhood lemonade stand? For last weekend’s sweet couple, life didn’t hand them lemons, but a chance at love and wedded bliss!
A wedding without flowers is like a cake without icing. Flowers just add that special touch that warms the heart and spreads good cheer. Here are a few of our favorite springtime floral centerpieces!
Purple seems to be the “it” color this season! We love how this bride used soft hints of purple throughout her decor from the cake to the floral centerpieces. Photos and wedding coordination provided by Tracey Fricke of Special Occasions by Design.
Come spring, we become all giddy with excitement because wedding season is upon us! We love the way the brides and their wedding coordinators play with the soft, subtle spring colors and incorporate the romantic side of spring into their overall theme. We especially love the floral centerpieces by Flowers for Special Occasions that were used in the wedding photos below. A special shout out goes to Tracey Fricke of Special Occasion By Design for coordinating this beautiful wedding and for capturing it so elegantly in photos! Cheers to wedding season 2015!
2014 witnessed a wide variety of linen selections from blush tones to lacey overlays. We saw shimmer and texture and a whole lot of burlap table runners. This year we are anticipating a lot of bold patterns, punchy napkins, vibrant colors, and even more shimmer and texture. Check out our top five linen trends for 2015:
- Vibrant Colors: Gone are the days of black and white linens. Today you can make your wedding as vivacious as your personality. Think bright colored linens paired with a settle napkin. Or, if you are feeling really courageous, try pairing a lively color with a wild napkin.
- Patterned Prints: Why dress your tables with the same drab colors. Instead, throw in a few patterned linens to spice up the room. Just remember to pair the patterned print with a napkin that won’t overpower your table linen.
- Two-Tone Touch: Love the color blue, but can’t figure out which shade to use? Why not incorporate multiple shade variations of your favorite color. Think darker linen; brighter napkin or vice versa.
- Shimmer Overlays: If you want to add a touch of sparkle to your event without giving in to the glitter gods, think overlays. It’s a great way to add a bit of shine to all of the tables or just a few of the main tables: Cake, head table, guest book, etc. Gold and bronze tones are all the rage and usually pair well with warmer tones. Stick with silver if you have a cool color palate.
- Punchy Napkins: Scared to play with bold colors and patterns? That’s okay we have an idea for you. Why not select a punchy napkin in a bold color or print. It won’t overpower a room, but it will add an extra special touch to each table.
Thanks to AAA Rents for providing the linen samples.
There’s no better way to end and begin a year than to be surrounded by your family and friends while you toast the memorable moments of 2014 and share a kiss with your new spouse at the stroke of midnight.
Here are a few fabulous highlights from a New Year’s Eve wedding at the Scoular Ballroom. We wish all 2014 brides a life full of love and happiness and we look forward to hearing more vows and witnessing more cherished moments in 2015.