Color Palette, Design, Inspiration, Wedding Wisdom | April 16, 2018
In a Sunny State of Mind
Despite the horrendous winter weather that keeps looming around Omaha, the spring 2018 wedding season is in full bloom!
For couples still putting the finishing touches on their springtime nuptials, we’re excited to showcase some of our favorite sunny shades that embrace brighter, more cheerful days!
Think peach, yellow and tangerine! Brides and grooms can incorporate these warm hues in everything from their signature drink to accents in their bouquets and boutonnieres.
When incorporating bright hues such as yellow, tangerine and peach, think simple. Color contrast is where it’s at, so a minimal approach is best. Sometimes all you need is just a sprinkle of sunshine to embrace the warmth that springtime brings.
Scoular Ballroom’s event assistant, JoAnna LeFlore, recommends the following ways to incorporate these bright, cheerful springtime colors:
- Display your favorite accent by tying colored ribbons around your napkins.
- Embrace your color by featuring it in Scoular Ballroom’s up-lighting.
- Play around with fashionable accents such as hairpieces and/or jewelry.
- Add a pinch of pizzazz to a floral bouquet or feature a colorful table runner on the head table.
- Create a dessert around your color such as a macaroon display or wedding cake.
- Don’t forget the beverages! Signature drinks in your accent color will keep your guests fashionably refreshed.
For color inspiration, check out this mood board by JoAnna: https://pin.it/vje7nnrvrns46l. For more inspiration, check out Scoular Ballroom’s Pinterest boards: https://pin.it/rfe2v5zgr2vtwh, https://pin.it/itc3sf5ez22oha and https://pin.it/ihd3ufmt45qllz.
Below are a few images taken from actual events within the Scoular Ballroom. Enjoy!